Friday, July 27, 2012

glimpses.

I apologize for the hazy photo quality, but here is an assortment of iPhone pics I have been accumulating over the past week.  On Saturday, before the concert, Doug and I feasted on Moe's burritos courtesy of my wonderful neighbor, George.  (Sorry, babe, but I couldn't resist posting this one of you chowing down).  We spent the next afternoon in Ocean City, relaxing in the sun, grooving to some tunes, and playing in the sea... I almost got carried away by the waves!  And this past Tuesday, my friend Carolina scored some last minute tickets to the Colbert Report and asked none other than yours truly to join her.  We even got upgraded to the first row :)  How lucky am I?!

I am spending the rest of this week trying to get lesson plans and syllabi in order before I start my three-week workshop in New York.  I will be working with the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) in a summer seminar called "Recipe for America;" we - the summer "scholars"- will be examining immigrant culture in New York City through the wonderful medium of food!  I am very excited, although a little nervous about giving up three weeks of my precious summer.  I am hoping the experience will be fun, educational, and rewarding.  This weekend I am off to the shore with my friend, Danielle, for a little bit of relaxation before I go head-first into the nine-to-five schedule of the workshop.  Deep breaths.

No comments:

Post a Comment