Wednesday, February 8, 2012

don't take my sunshine away.

The challenge for February 9th was to capture the sun.  Today, that proved to be especially challenging because it was overcast.  My substitution is the radiating sun of this beautiful wood etching my beloved sister did for me as a belated holiday gift; isn't it lovely?  (In case you were not aware, roosters are amongst my myriad favorite things.)  Today I will have to go without any true sunshine.  Instead, I sit at my desk bundled up in thermals, blankets, and my much-cherished wicked good moccasins (ala l.l.bean) as chunky flakes of snow fall from the sky.  Usually I delight at the sight of snow and the possibility of hot mugs of cocoa and - gasp - snow days!! This evening I am sick, however, and the thought of shoveling off a car in the bitter cold tomorrow morning is not helping to soothe the chills that have my teeth rattling or to un-stuff my packed sinuses.  It will be an early night tonight, hopefully rife with sweet dreams of sandy beaches and warm sunshine.
zzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment