Wednesday, July 18, 2012

at the seashore.

So, this post is a little overdue, but I have been running around like a lunatic (in a good way) and I am just finally settling down with my long-lost laptop and a generous glass of red wine while Doug tinkers around with his guitar.  He and I have been all over creation in the last couple weeks... okay, maybe that is a slight exaggeration but it sure feels that way.  We got back late last night from a wonderful trip to Boston (which you will hear about soon, I promise).  In the week and a half that has flown by since my birthday, this twenty-seven-year-old lady has been on a cleaning rampage, gone to four lectures, visited a bunch of friends and family members in New England (whom I miss already), and taken a much-needed day at the beach with two of my very favorite people... which brings me to my post :)

Last Wednesday, I took James and Sara, two of my younger siblings, to the shore for the day.  We left a little later than scheduled but it ended up being the perfect beach day - not a lick of traffic on the way down, no trouble finding parking, and not a cloud in the sky.  We decided to try out Sea Girt on the recommendation of a friend, since none of us had ever been there before.  What a good call!  The beaches were clean, the crowds were small, and the water was so refreshing.  We spent the day pulling some sweet moves in the ocean, chowing down on seafood, and roasting our poor pink flesh - on accident, I swear - we wore waterproof, SPF 50 sunblock, reapplied, and still got burnt!

I really love the beach; it's so nice to sit with a good book, the warm sun and cool breeze dancing over your skin - it's hard to beat that.  I'm so glad that I was able to work a few trips to the seashore into this hectic summer schedule of mine.  In fact, Doug and I are planning on going this weekend, weather permitting.  We may go to Cape May because I have never been there either.  Where's your favorite beach?

No comments:

Post a Comment