Saturday, February 23, 2013

raising arizona, part ii.

Snow. Can you believe it? And there I was, thinking that I would be trading the frigid Jersey air for a few days in the warm Arizona sun. Is there anyone out there who still does not believe in global warming? My second full day in Arizona was a sharp contrast to the clear day spent in the Santa Catalina Mountains. Freezing rain, enormous snow flakes, cold, wet toes, Christmas music on the radio... not really what I was expecting. Despite the inclement weather, it was still nice to visit with friends, experience the American Southwest, oh yeah, and EAT!

My brief trip to Tucson was filled with delicious treats. Spending time with my beautifully pregnant friend was a great excuse, um I mean opportunity, to stuff my gourd with the irresistible local fare. Authentic Mexican cuisine, my first In-N-Out burger (I personally like Five Guys better), fully loaded Sonora hot dogs... I mean, how could I resist? Here is a quick glimpse at some of the reasons Douglas and I are juicing this weekend:
The remainder of my vacation was spent digesting. We also made a lot of progress in Douglas's hunt for internships and Renée and I attempted to solve her poor little chickens' mystery murder case (we later discovered it was a bobcat attack). All in all, it was a short albeit fun-filled few days and I am so glad I made the trip. Thanks, Tucson, for showing me a good time. I cannot wait for my next adventures... a wedding in Philadelphia, a short trip up to Beantown... who knows what else is in store :)

No comments:

Post a Comment