Wednesday, January 2, 2013

glimpses.

Happy new year, everyone! For those of you who do not know, I have been quite sick lately and spent the bulk of my holiday vacation in bed... No exciting Christmas adventures or glamorous New Year's Eve parties for Douglas or I. No, these were a pretty miserable last few weeks, but I am hoping I just had to get all the "bad" out before the new year arrived. Now I am back at work and trying to recover. Christmas came and went in a blur, we spent half the holiday with my family and the other half with Doug's. The day after Christmas we enjoyed a nice little game night with Doug's friend, Katie, and on the way home that evening I was stricken with fever and chills and that was that for pretty much the rest of my vacation. We did go see the Hobbit, though, which was quite fun.
I have been taking a teacher course on East Asian history at Princeton University with my friend, Alison, and got to enjoy some yummy coffee from the shop where Douglas and I first met. Doug and I also got a chance to visit my mother's grave recently. I am not a big fan of going to the cemetery, but I like to get out to her gravesite a couple times a year. It's really a very pretty stone, in my opinion. Some homemade peppermint bark for a new friend. A beautiful bouquet Douglas surprised me with, just because (he is the best). A little felt bear getting ready to go onto a newly-made Christmas stocking. How was your holiday?

No comments:

Post a Comment