Monday, January 28, 2013

out of doors.

Don't you just love being outside? The overbooked schedule and extra-frigid days of the past couple weeks have me longing for warm sunshine and fresh air. Doug and I have ventured outside to the local state park a few times this January, but the bitter cold sends us (okay, me) back indoors much sooner than I would like. These are a few of our frosty sights during our brief outdoor exploits: tenacious evergreens laughing at their deciduous kin; wispy grasses quivering in the icy air; vibrant mosses clinging to the decaying forest. Nature is so inspiring. How do I let myself forget that, even for a minute?

Below is a photograph from the same park where Douglas and I steal a little bit of peace of mind from time to time (and maybe some branches for Doug's arrow ambitions) except this time with lace dresses and tanned skin rather than woolen layers and runny noses. Somebody let me out - springtime adventures are calling my name!


No comments:

Post a Comment