Monday, May 28, 2012

into the wild.

Happy Memorial Day everyone!  This weekend was soooo wonderful.  On Saturday, Doug and I headed west to the Delaware Water Gap for an invigorating climb up Mount Tammany.  Doug has made the hike a few times with his friends but this was my first go at the mountain.  I have to say: it kicked my bum, but it was awesome!!  As we drove toward the NJ/PA border, black storm clouds started rolling overhead and we were afraid that our plans would be canceled, but we decided to go up anyway.  I am so glad we did; though it rained for the majority of our climb up and down Mt. Tammany, the water was refreshing and calming on a hot, strenuous day, and the views were absolutely incredible.  Unfortunately, the inclement weather meant that my precious Nikon had to remain indoors, but I still caught a few nice shots (with Doug's help, of course).  I cannot wait to go hiking again!
Tired feet after a long climb, cloud swells between Tammany and Minsi, and a few feathered friends drying off after the long showers.

No comments:

Post a Comment