Thursday, June 28, 2012

a historic village.

Hello, readers!  Sorry for the brief hiatus in posting - I was busy soaking up as much sunshine, boyfriend, and South Jersey as I could before I had to go home and start packing for Washington, DC.  My first week of summer vacation is successfully completed and I am now ready to switch from relaxation mode into my typical, adventurous (go-go-go!) summer self.

The weather was gorgeous yesterday so Doug and I stole away to Batsto, a historic village located on a nature reserve in the Pine Barrens.  We spent the day wandering the grounds, taking in the scenery, and collecting samples for the new nature journal we are starting.  Everything was so beautiful and the air was so fresh; I had such a wonderful time.  It definitely got me itching for some more outdoor exploration and our own little rustic farm...

I enjoyed just short of a week with Doug and his family, but everything seemed to fly by - a friendly reminder that summer is sweet but slips away quickly.  We have so many things we want to do, I am not even sure where to start: hiking, camping, beaching, visiting friends... which brings me to the first "stop" on my summer tour: DC.  Tomorrow evening I will be off to our nation's capital for a week to participate in my second NEA (teacher's union) national convention and hopefully steal some time for sightseeing and good conversation.  I am staying with my very generous friend, Danilo, and am very excited to see him after what has been way too long.  I will be sure to keep you updated on my trip and get a few posts up from my first official week of summer.  
 Thank goodness for Mother Nature, silly faces, and awesome, patient boyfriends who don't mind stopping every two seconds so you can take a photograph or helping you with ones you can't take on your own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment