Monday, June 4, 2012

wishful thinking.

In anticipation of our rapidly approaching birthdays (his in June and mine in July), Doug and I have spent some time creating fun little "wish lists" of sorts to exchange - partly as potential gift ideas and partly just because they are fun :)  Despite trying to keep my head above the materialistic fog that blinds our society, I still find it comforting and exciting to dream of "things" sometimes.  I do not think that Doug has high expectations for his birthday, but I am still hoping to give him a wonderful day that he will remember.  While I am not one for big productions or over-the-top celebrations, I am trying to weave together a series of little surprises and gifts that will help make it the special day that he deserves.  I am open to suggestions.
What is the very best, most favorite gift you have ever received?  I really want to know.  If you would scroll down and leave a comment below, I would greatly appreciate it :) Please and thank you.

3 comments:

  1. For as long as I can remember, my favorite film has been Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland. And I'll never forget it, an old friend gave me a 1907, SECOND edition copy of Lewis Carroll's famous classic. With original illustrated plates by Arthur Rackham, it has been, and I expect always will be, the best gift I have ever received.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good history teacher :)

    ReplyDelete