Friday, June 1, 2012

it's june!

Can you believe it?  June already.  I am very excited; in exactly three short weeks school will be over, summer will be here, and it will be time for beaches, travels, and other wonderful adventures in the land of Jenna Leigh.  Today in class we started our "American Society" unit with the 1950s.  It's a nice way to pick up the energy after a long unit on domestic policy while we finish off the year with lessons on music, art, and culture from the post-World War II United States.  It's all a breeze from here, right?

I think I made a lot of progress this month.  Remembering back to the beginning of May when I made my little to-do list (see: here), I would say I accomplished most, if not all, of my goals.  A few pounds lighter, one book smarter, and a few hikes under our belts already, Doug and I are off to a good start.  Plus, I paid off my credit card, and that's cause for celebration.  I will be toasting my success this weekend with a proper backyard barbecue and a few good friends.  Here's to a productive, eventful June for us all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment