Sunday, October 21, 2012

road trip!

Few things compare to a trip filled with delicious (usually forbidden) road snacks, sing-at-the-top-of-your-lungs tunes, and the people you love (both alongside you in the car and waiting for you at your final destination). This weekend, Douglas and I hopped into my trusty, little red Civic to celebrate the marriage of my two lovely friends, Steve and Jennifer. We also got a quick visit in with my dear friend, Carolina, as she was kind enough to let us crash on her couch during our stay. The trip was short and we had to squeeze it tightly into our weekend, filled with the usual hustle-and-bustle of chores, errands, and homework in addition to Doug's rapidly-approaching midterms and my upcoming observation by the superintendent, but it was a fun little getaway for the two of us. I was so happy to celebrate the love and commitment of two wonderful people and to get out into the fresh air for a little while. The weather was absolutely gorgeous and the fall foliage was as enchanting as ever. I love the drive up to New England - mountains, trees, rivers, farms - so many beautiful sights! Congratulations, Steve and Jen, and thank you for letting us share in your special day. We wish you a lifetime of love, health, and happiness.
Scoping out the wares at a roadside farmers' market. The Zakim bridge and a glimpse of Boston. Two happy wedding-goers. Enthralled by the honey-bee art exhibit at the Museum of Science. The Charles River, mid-autumn. A handsome man across the table. Shameless self-photography. Willamette Valley pinot noir after an adventurous evening - we miss you, Pacific Northwest! Coming home to the Hudson River. (Thank you, Douglas, for being my tag-team photographer whenever I need you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment