Saturday, October 13, 2012

saturdays in october.

What a great autumn day! Today was filled with football, my first bikram yoga class (that's a story for another day), family dinner, and sugar cookies. We started the day off watching my brother play his last home game of the year. The team did not win, but it was still fun to joke around with my sisters, watch my brother finally wave to us (probably just to get us to stop) after screaming his name a hundred times, and soak up a little sunshine and oxygen. The air had a gentle, refreshing chill and a sweet, wet-leaves smell that had me singing to myself all day long. I love spending time with the ones I love. I especially love taking care of them. I do not know if it is some feminine "maternal" instinct, a quality that comes from being the oldest of five, or if it is just simply part of my unique individual personality, but I live to care for others, particularly when it means I get to be in the kitchen. This morning it was making eggs and hot coffee for my Douglas. This evening, I got to prepare spaghetti squash with chicken meatballs for my family (sissy Samantha was home from school for the weekend). Tonight, I am baking cookies and my apartment feels toasty and festive with the sweet aroma floating through the air. I probably did not need to taste the dough so many times, but everybody knows that's the best part (even when you are trying to be gluten free... uh oh). It was a wonderful Saturday and I already hear Sunday's stern voice telling me it is time to buckle down and get some work done, but it is so hard to concentrate when there are so many wonderful things to do, for myself and for others. I know tomorrow will be full of all I "should" have done today, but for now I will bask in the glory that is kinfolk and homemade pastries!
 
Rooting for #74. Goofing around with my sissies (smooch attacks included). Squinting in the warm sunlight with handsome men. Baking cookies. Success. Diet... maybe not so much. Oh, well, there is always tomorrow :) Goodnight.



No comments:

Post a Comment