Tuesday, October 9, 2012

stretching it?

I am not sure if I should be expressing excitement or fear, but I just signed myself up for a one-week "hot yoga" promotion. I have been interested in trying this style of yoga, and there are a lot of bikram yoga studios near where I live, but classes are rather expensive. Just recently, one of the studios near my apartment advertised a special: seven consecutive days of lessons for the price of one.  I am now diving head-first into the bikram experience!  For those of you unfamiliar with hot yoga, it is a system of yoga that is performed under very hot conditions, typically around 105 degrees fahrenheit. I guess the premise is that you will sweat (and sweat and sweat!), increasing circulation and benefitting your lymphatic system. I am thinking this could be a good opportunity to cleanse and really kick off this commitment to fitness I have recently made (or, err, remade for the millionth time). My only fear is that I am going to burn myself out or injure myself... but its yoga, right? And besides, I am Jenna Leigh, champion of life, conquerer of fears! No sweat (pun intended). Well, I guess we will see.

Has anyone out there taken a hot yoga class before? Advice? I would love to hear your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment