Sunday, September 16, 2012

a work in progress.

I thought it might be nice to share a little bit of my new home with you.  As the title suggests, I am still unpacking, decorating, organizing, and purchasing new (or at least new to me) items for my apartment, but I am feeling pretty good about how the kitchen is coming together.  I mentioned in an earlier post that I am less than thrilled about the wallpaper... it is what it is, though, right?  I love having my own space to cook and experiment.  Douglas and I have already shared a handful of delicious meals at my tiny kitchen table and I hope there will be many more to come.  This vegetarian challenge has given me an opportunity to try some new dishes and learn to cook with a few unfamiliar ingredients.  This evening we ate a very delicious dinner, which I plan on sharing with you tomorrow.  I hope you enjoy the little peak into my world.
1. I am loving the lighting in my apartment.  I am surrounded with windows and we get a wonderful amount of sunshine in during daylight hours, the kitchen especially.
2. My chicken wall.  I have wanted my own chicken coop since I was a little girl playing in the hen house at my cousins' home in Massachusetts. For now, I live vicariously through these pictures.
3. I spend way too much time here.
4. This little trinket was discovered up on a rafter in the basement of my childhood home.  I have no idea where it came from originally, but I like secret little treasures, so I have held onto it over the years.
5. My beautiful Chantal kettle.  Yes, admittedly a bit pricey, but I loved the weathered patina of copper cookware and was too enchanted to pass this up.  It gives me warm and toasty feelings every time I look at it.
6. I am loving my new porcelain measuring cups I bought from Terrain as a housewarming gift to myself.

I did a much better job this weekend focusing on some of the things that I wanted to do for myself.  I am extremely proud to say that I put a lot of time and effort into getting some writing done over the past few days. Doug and I were able to hang up a little collage of photographs and artwork, making this place feel a bit homier.  We even made it to the track this evening for a nice jog in the cool almost-autumn air. Tomorrow is a holiday and we get to sleep in, so this is rounding out to be one extremely pleasant, successful weekend.  I hope yours is, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment