Saturday, September 29, 2012

hocus pocus.

As October rapidly approaches I find my mind buzzing with thoughts of Halloween. I have to admit, I have been a wishy-washy Halloweener throughout my life. My parents were always gung-ho about our costumes: always handmade, always hoping for an award at the village parade/costume contest. I happily went along with whatever costume they made for me... oh, except for the time when I was a princess and they made me wear one of those cone hats (I had wanted a tiara) or when they made me march in the village parade even though I said I didn't feel well and ended up throwing up all over myself. Once I got old enough to decide for myself, however, I began flaking off on originality and enthusiasm. While I love the atmosphere of the Halloween season - the hot mulled cider, the candlelit pumpkins, watching Disney's Hocus Pocus over and over again - I always lost the energy when it came to dressing up for just one night. Even through college, I can only recall making it out for one year's festivities, the other times I just felt too lazy, disinterested, or tired to participate (much to my friend Carolina's disappointment). This year, I would like it to be different. I have my sights set on a fun, festive Halloween. I love holidays and celebrations and want to do my best to embrace each one and enjoy them with the people who are near and dear to me.  Now, if only I could settle on an outfit...
I had to share this little gem with the world.  They grow up so fast.  I am sorry, James, but I had to - you are just too cute!  I promise I will post more embarrassing Wilson Halloween moments soon.  Get ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment