Sunday, September 23, 2012

busy day, busy me.

Sundays.  I love them, and yet I hate them. There is so much potential in a Sunday. Big breakfasts. Church services. Time with family. Outdoor fun. Relaxation. So many possibilities... that is, if you play it right. But if you are like me, then you probably save every last thing on your to-do list for this special day, and what is supposed to be 24 hours of rest, reflection, and recreation quickly turns into a day to play "catch-up." Laundry. Housecleaning. Grading and planning work put off until the eleventh hour. My Sundays quickly become the most anxiety-ridden day of the week.

If you can believe it (and why wouldn't you?), our schedules are quickly filling to the brim. Football games, weddings, birthdays, anniversaries... so much going on in addition to the normal daily grind. Tutoring jobs, union meetings. Oh, the life of a twenty-something teacher. I am blessed to have people and milestones to celebrate, extremely fortunate to have a job that not only helps pay the bills but is intellectually challenging and emotionally fulfilling. But phew! Am I tired. My goal for this week is to get enough done in the next six days that I can actually spend next Sunday exactly the way it is meant to be spent. Are you in? Okay. Go.

1 comment:

  1. Within reading a few sentences I heard your Mom's voice.Thanks for that blessing Jenna you are your mothers daughter!I will pray that you meet your goal.

    ReplyDelete