Wednesday, September 5, 2012

busy bee.

Oh. My. Goodness.  Does school really start tomorrow?  I cannot believe it.
Here I sit: hunched over a tiny table at the Allegro Café attached to my local Whole Foods, sipping up the last drops of my cold chai latte while mooching the free wifi.  My to-do list is piling up to the heavens and setting up internet service in my new apartment has yet to be checked off this colossal queue.  I am in a sleep-deprived, carb-loaded, overly-caffeinated haze trying to figure out what needs to get accomplished in the sixteen minutes I have left before they close the coffee shop and kick me out.  Update blog.  Purchase new Prezi account.  Search for enrichment classes in the area.  Think, Jenna, think!  Do I sound cranky?  I swear I'm not, simply tired.  There is so much to do in the next week or two as I get settled into my new home and kick off another year of lesson planning, grading, and community building.  The butterflies in my stomach signify both the excitement and anxiety that is building up inside me.  Will they like me?  Will I be able to handle the extra course I am taking on?  I have never taught three different subjects at once before.  I have so many things that I have to do and want to do it is hard to sort everything out.  I am sure I will reveal my "master plan" for this autumn in an upcoming post, but here are some goals that quickly come to mind...

1. Learn something new
2. Spend more time with family
3. Volunteer
4. Drink more water

Number four always seems to make it on my list but is never accomplished.  What is so hard about downing a few extra glasses of H20?  I just do not understand myself sometimes... Okay, the café is closing and I could not possibly bear the guilt of keeping the barista up past his bedtime like poor web-less me.  Hopefully that is one thing I will check off the list soon so that I do not have to deprive anyone (including myself) of sleep while I hunt for free access to cyberspace.  More to come, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment