Tuesday, November 13, 2012

bucket list.

As promised, here is the list that I came up with of things that I believe are a part of the life I dream of having, a combination of childhood aims and recent fantasies. I can happily say that some of the items are already checked off. 

☐ 1. go on a (successful) whale watch
☐ 2. run a 10k race
 3. find my soulmate 
☐ 4. see Carmen at the opera
☐ 5. learn French
☐ 6. apply to a PhD program
☐ 7. take a surfing lesson
☐ 8. donate blood
 9. earn an ivy league degree
☐ 10. give birth to a child
☐ 11. organize an environmental event
☐ 12. get published
☐ 13. spend a night in Paris with Douglas
☐ 14. see the aurora borealis
☐ 15. roast a delicious duck
☐ 16. perform at an open mic night
 17. graduate with honors
☐ 18. learn to ice skate backwards 
☐ 19. crochet a blanket
 20. study abroad
☐ 21. memorize a sonnet
☐ 22. build a greenhouse 
☐ 23. learn a Latin dance
 24. join a sorority
☐ 25. own a barn
☐ 26. see the seven wonders of the modern world
☐ 27. take a painting class
☐ 28. raise chickens
 29. start a blog
☐ 30. gain a sponsor for my blog
☐ 31. learn a full song on guitar
 32. become a teacher
 33. backpack across Europe
☐ 34. attempt homeschooling 
☐ 35. learn to sail

I thought this was a fun experiment. It is easy to see the things that I truly value when all of my little goals are laid out before me... education, travel, writing, attempting to find my own way of giving back... it is all very exciting. I am already in the process of planning my first attack on this list (and accomplishing a bit more than a million loads of clean laundry and piles of graded term papers this month). Wish me luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment