Tuesday, November 13, 2012

out of darkness.


This is a photo I took during a slightly darker period in my life. To me, a kitchen is a space for creating and nurturing; it is where I feel at home, providing nourishment for and offering comfort to the ones I love... how appropriate that it would leave me feeling so empty at that particular moment in time. I am very glad to be where I am now, surrounded by the love and support of my friends and family. I do have to say, however, that pain can be a major source of artistic inspiration. I have felt a bit lackluster lately, craving an inkling of nuance or innovation that can bring a little bit more light into my work. Do you find me redundant? I am hoping the projects I have in mind for the near future will help infuse some new energy into my creations. Douglas and I have been stuck in a bit of a rut as he enters the last few weeks of his courses and I try to play catch-up after the recent series of school closings. I think it is time for an adventure. What do you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment