Sunday, November 4, 2012

sleepy sunday.

It is almost without fail that I find myself completely exhausted on a Sunday afternoon. Today is no different, but I am scratching my head as to what has me feeling so tired this evening. Trip to the market. Laundry. Cooking. Composing the world's most beautiful PowerPoint presentations. Just life, I guess. Shrug.

We received word tonight that my school will not be reopening until Wednesday at the earliest. Teachers have been asked to come to work on Tuesday to prepare for the return to classes, so I have one more day to get my lesson plans in order and pray that all of my students and their families are safe and sound. Contradictory being that I am, I find the free spirit within me longing for more days to myself, to experiment with cooking, to explore the world, to continue laughing and cuddling with the man of my dreams (cough, cough - even if a certain computer programming assignment has him a bit edgier than usual - cough, cough. Love you, honey!) but the creature of habit that dukes it out with the free spirit on a regular basis has me itching to get back to my routine, back to my classroom and my students, back to begrudgingly dragging myself to the gym (just kidding, I LOVE dragging myself to the gym). 

So, tomorrow I will part ways with my Douglas and head back to my apartment, which should be fully-functioning by now. I will cross my fingers that everyone I hold near and dear (and even those I do not) are getting back to their normal routines as well, at least as best they can. If anyone in Bergen County needs me to bring back any food, clothing, or supplies, please know I am happy to oblige. Take care, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment