Monday, November 5, 2012

morning pleasantries.

Ah, yes, the morning. A time for dreaming, planning, and savoring every bite of my delicious breakfast, which is quickly becoming my favorite meal of the day... To be honest I have been quite disconnected from my early morning routine over the past week and a half, and that is mostly because I have failed to see early morning in the first place. With late nights of lesson planning, snacking, and watching guilty-pleasure shows on television, I have fallen into Douglas's naughty little tendency to stay up into the wee hours of the night and sleep in while everyone else hurries about. Though I admittedly spent most of my life coveting every moment in bed, curled up under covers and hitting the snooze button every fifteen minutes, my adult self now considers herself a morning person and am therefore slightly regretting my delinquent circadian habits of this past week.

Lack of power has led to impromptu photo shoots for entertainment purposes. As you can see, this little lady is an absolute ball of sunshine before she finishes her morning cup of coffee. Actually, I am usually quite energetic and bubbly once I am up and out of bed, but recent chaotic schedules have thrown off my mood, eating habits, exercise regime, and all those other wonderful things that help keep us stable and smiling. Tomorrow I head back to work, yes, bright and early. I cannot wait - 6:00 AM, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment