Saturday, November 3, 2012

trick or treat.

I have been talking Halloween up for quite some time now and I am sorry to say that Sandy stole most of my thunder. The festivities ended, in the famous words of t.s. eliot, not with a bang but a whimper. That is not to say, however, that I did not sneak a little bit of fun in amidst the power-outage fiasco. This All Hallow's Eve was spent recharging at La Casa del Padre, scarfing down a few Reese's peanut butter cups while I passed out candy to the trick-or-treaters in my hometown, and failing miserably at a local trivia competition with family and friends (I still hold firm to my belief that all the other teams were cheating). It was a brief holiday, hurriedly celebrated between doing homework and laundry and braving gasoline lines, but I still squeezed it in and I am actually pretty satisfied with the results, meager though they may be. Was anyone else able to steal away for some Halloween fun amidst this weather-induced catastrophe? I hope so. Until next year... boo!

No comments:

Post a Comment