Friday, November 2, 2012

i am alive!


I am sure that my East Coast readers know all too well the recent havoc wreaked by Hurricane Sandy. I am happy and extremely thankful to say that my family was spared from most of the damage, but I find myself without power, and posting will probably be sporadic until my electricity and internet are restored. Douglas and I stayed indoors and enjoyed some homemade meals and one-too-many freshly-baked chocolate chip cookies during the storm. The winds were frightening at times, but we made it through without much rain and with no flooding, unlike with Irene. The property fared well and other than a few knocked down branches on the lawn, we survived everything in one piece. I cannot say the same for my friends in Hoboken, New York City, or the Jersey coastline. I was lucky to have moved out of the area when I did, but my heart goes out to those whose lives have been severely affected by Sandy.

School has been closed all week due to power outages, so between taking care of my freezing cold, dark apartment and stealing hot meals and electricity at my father’s house, I have been trying to catch up on some lesson planning so I am ready to go when classes are in session once again.  The last word I received was that power would be back up by November 12th but I am hoping that is a gross overestimate. We shall see. For now, I am bundled up with my Douglas trying to get as much done with the resources I have available. I will try to get on here for some posts as often as I am able. I appreciate you sticking with me during this tumultuous time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment