Sunday, November 25, 2012

juice cleanse, day 3


So here I am, three days into my juice cleanse. Everything is still going pretty well. My energy level is up a little bit (I spent Day Two in bed, boy was I tired!) and my hunger levels are about the same. One thing that is really getting to me, however, is the boredom. I am realizing how much of my focus, entertainment, and pleasure are oriented around food. While I am not physically hungry I do feel my mind craving the excitement and fulfillment of eating. That is something I am trying to overcome. I know that I am providing my body with the nourishment it needs - my vitamin/mineral intake is substantial and my caloric intake is around 1,200 calories a day (not what I would need for weight maintenance but enough to keep me from going into starvation mode). It is really just the wonderful distraction and satisfaction that food gives that I find myself craving. It was not such a big deal while I was out and about running errands on Friday, but the past two days, spent indoors with only the unpleasant act of paper-grading to distract me, that I have found myself dreaming of food. I decided I want to extend the cleanse for two more days to up the effects. I am excited to see what happens.

Today's drink of choice was this blend of kale, green apple, and pineapple. Doug thought it was gross but I actually quite liked it, you just had to get over that "freshly-cut grass" aroma.

No comments:

Post a Comment